Our Croatian Eurovision treat is Maria Magdalena from Doris Dragovic in 1999. I love a strong performance from a strong woman who halfway through, whips off some of the outfit for a reveal. I remember years ago in a Eurovision chat room talking to someone who claimed they had designed her dress. I have no idea whether it was the truth or just an attempt to get me to do a private reveal, rest assured it didn't happen. Trust me by the end of this you will all join in on the "woe ahh ahh ahh ahh", you don't believe me but wait and see.
Is that Jane Turner on backing vocals?
- 500g green prawns, peeled and devein
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 60 ml brandy
- 120ml white wine
- 240ml tomato passata
- 4 cooked yabbies (optional)
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Peel the prawns and devein them (I'm bad I don't always devein, I know, I know)
- In a deep fry pan heat the oil on a medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and let cook till soft without browning
- Add brandy, white wine and passata and let cook down for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add the prawns and cook for about 4 mins till just cooked through.
- Remove the prawns and add the yabbies to way through (this will avoid the prawns and the yabbies over cooking)
- Return the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
- Traditionally served with bread and butter, but I served on a bed of basmati rice.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- This served both AB and I but I could have happily had it all!
Klapa s mora will perform Mižerja in Malmö