AB loves Chicos, every birthday or christmas present is always accompanied by a couple of bags of Chicos, transaction complete.
Chico ice cream was the natural progression.
It follows the base ice cream recipe, with the addition of 3/4 of a bag of chicos stirred through when the custard is hot.
Ice cream base
· 6 egg yolks
· ½ cups sugar
· 3 cups of milk
· 1/2 cup cream (optional)
· In a heavy base saucepan add eggs, milk, sugar, cream and whisk.
· Keep stirring over a low heat until the custard thickening enough to coat the back of a spoon.
· Be careful not to overcook it or it will curdle.
· Chill on ice or in the fridge overnight.
· Put into ice cream machine as per manufactures instructions
· And churnA few sprinkles and topped with a Chico, must take picture before it melts or gets eaten.