I have made a cinnamon cake as an homage to Swedish buns and then decorated with a basic icing and a whole heap of fondant and metallic food paints.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Eurovision and my all our favourites wins!!
Cinnamon Come Together Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs and sugar
- Beat with an electric beater till fluffy, paler and thicker about 2 minutes
- Add the milk, oil, cinnamon, flour, and baking powder.
- Beat till smooth, don't over beat
- Grease a 16.5cm dome cake tin
- Pour batter into tin
- Bake in a 170°C oven for about 50 minutes
- The cake will be cooked when a skewer comes out clean
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack