The Zebra Cake is an edible representation of Azerbaijan's first entry, the competing mix of vanilla and chocolate that come together to create a perfect experience joyfully in your mouth......I'm talking about the cake!!
I had a few attempts to perfect the version I liked the most, the decision was a more defined pattern versus a lighter more moist cake or was it really I just because I wanted to keep eating it?
Azerbaijan's first entry started with a bang, heavenly counter tenor versus the devilish rock god, backed up by the beauty school drop outs chorus and an extras from Girls Gone Wild the interpretive dance spectacular.
A warning some of the notes in this song may be disturbing to small animals and ears.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder sifted
- Icing sugar to dust
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs and sugar
- Beat with an electric beater till fluffy, paler and thicker about 2 minutes
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla, flour, and baking powder.
- Beat till smooth, don't over beat
- Pour half the mixture into a separate mixing bowl
- Add the cocoa to one of the bowls and mix through
- Grease a 23cm round cake tin
- Into the centre of the tin add a dollop of vanilla
- To the centre of the vanilla add a dollop of chocolate
- Alternate till both mixtures are used
- It works better if you do it quickly, don't spread around the mixture it will do it independently
- Don't worry if its not perfect, zebras aren't all the same, or made of chocolate for that matter.
- Bake in a 170°C oven for about 50 minutes
- The cake will be cooked when a skewer comes out clean
- Cool the cake in the tin ad then place onto a serving plate
- Dust with icing sugar to serve
This is an earlier version I made it was very moist but the pattern wasn't defined, if you prefer this way omit 1/2 cup of self raising flour.
Hold Me will be performed by Farid Mammadov, even though he hasn't specified when to hold me will he share some Johnny Logan magic?