добро вечер, dobro večer this is former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, ex-République yougoslave de Macédoine calling, and contestant number eleven in Chow Down to Eurovision 2014 Semi Final 2.
Last year former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia presented the easy to make and even easier to eat sugar ladened halva.
This year there is a touch less sugar with a very simple yet satisfying salad.
Sometimes we can get too fancy in fear of presenting a dish that could be labelled pedestrian that simple pleasures like this salad can be over looked, and that would be a greater tragedy.
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia always sends great voices to Eurovision and 2012 was no exception with Kaliopi and Crno I Belo.
While she hasn't replaced Karolina as my favourite from F.Y.R.M she comes a very close second.
She placed 13th in the final.
My Shopska salad
- 2 red onions
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1/2 cup fine grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- Peel cucumbers and dice to 1-2cm cubes
- Dice the rest of the vegetable the same size
- Season with salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil
- Top with grated cheese
- When I first read about this salad it said to serve in an oval, on further readings it may have been a translation issue and meant to serve in a bowl!
- Either way it is the most delicious simple salad and is perfect, in an oval, bowl, or jar as a work lunch.
- You may like to decorate the top with some additional red capsicum, but I advise stopping before you try and recreate F.Y.R. Macedonia's flag as you may have to spend time picking them out before you take the photo!
F.Y.R. Macedonia are sending another power house vocalist in Tijana who is heading To the Sky and possibly Saturday's final.
Will she be able to make the final top ten, a place F.Y.R. Macedonia hasn't been...yet.
If they win, their air force might even be able to afford shirts as well as gas masks!
со среќа so sreḱa!