Slovenia appears to have become the unofficial home of cheese when it comes to the Chow Down to Eurovision.
Last year they were represented by a turkey schnitzel with the most drinkable gorgonzola sauce you may possibly just want a bucket of the sauce and some private time.
Today we will have a little less conversation, a little more choreography please!
In 2006 Anzej Dean was Mr Nobody in Athens although he was often mistaken for the love child of wolverine and teen wolf. (and before you comment saying it's ridiculous 2 men can't make a baby, pause for a moment to consider one is a werewolf and the other a mutant)
Moving on I'm sure everyone will be able to master this choreography before we tackle today's dish.
Alternatively you could spend hours watching the clip to try and find AB and I dancing away in the audience (hint read last year's Greece to know you won't see us)
Slovenian Cheese Cones
- 500g dry ricotta
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. hot paprika
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and fork gently to combine (you don't want it to become a paste)
- Mould about 2 tbsp. of the mix in your hands into a cone shape
- Not too big or it make collapse in the oven
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 90°C oven, the lower the temp the better, it just about drying them out a bit to firm up.
- Enjoy as a spread on bread or just as they are
- Traditionally they are dried in the sun or next to a wood fired oven....at time of making I had neither.
The perfect way to start a Eurovision dinner.
This year's choreography is a touch more challenging and for true authenticity should only be performed in Koper harbour.
Round And Round will be performed by Tinkara Kovač, will she take Slovenia through to the finals and beat their highest finals placing of 7th?