καλησπέρα kali̱spéra, this is Greece calling.......
We do have enough time and cash though to enjoy Anna Vissi singing of the joys of hitchhiking in 1980, possibly a time when the safety risks associated with hitchhiking were not at the forefront of people's minds.
She came 13th out of 19. (I really know how to pick songs that came 13th)
- 1kg octopus tentacle
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2-3 gloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- Handful of oregano leaves
- Simmer octopus is an large pot of salted water for about 1-1.5 hours (being mindful the pot doesn't boil dry)
- Let cool
- Slice the octopus into chunks and put into sterilised jars
- In a bowl mix remaining ingredients
- Cover octopus with the liquid and sealed the jar
- Store in the fridge over night.
- Octopus can be eaten the next day
- I'm sure it can last longer but being such a food safety worry wart I wouldn't keep it longer than 3-4 days, so give some to friends or start with less octopus
Will Greece Rise Up in the votes to take Freaky Fortune featuring Risky Kidd straight through to the final?