Don't forget to VOTE for your favourite country, still open till 19/5/12.
Every big event should be marked with a cake and Eurovision is no exception. After watching way to many episodes of Cake Boss my imagination runs wild.
Some of my past effort include, the running track cake for AB's Dad, AB's cat food cat, and the famous Jedward cake.
The Malmö We Are One cake is a towering celebration in cake, fondant, buttercream, lustre dust and with all good Eurovision act a reveal.
Here is a link to the Don't Boil the Sauce you tube channel, see it move!
Malmö We Are One
This is the recipe for the individual cakes layers.
- 100g unsalted butter softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- a couple of drops of your choice of colour
- Cream butter and sugar with electric beaters
- Add eggs and beat
- Add flour, milk, baking powder, colour and mix
- Pour into greased 18 cm cake tin
- Bake at 170°C for about 20 minutes
- Let cool slightly in the tin, then onto a wire rack
- Make sure they are completely cool before decorating, even wait till the next day.