France is famous for its cuisine and today's recipe comes from a Frenchman I worked with several years back, let's call him François shall we.
He was 6 foot, early 40's salt and pepper hair with more salt than pepper and always dressed with such style people would actually swoon.
I used to find it hilarious that when he spoke, not a word of a lie, there were times when people audibly gasped. One day while dodging lusty bypassers we were discussing offal as one does.
He told me of a childhood treat of pan fried liver with raspberry jam, I told him he was nuts but as adventurous as ever I had to try it.
While his voice did nothing for me I did love his liver, you know what I mean.
Catherine Ferry sang Un, Deux, Trois with such energy in 1976 that she came 2nd and made it to the Chow Down to Eurovision 2013. No matter how hard I try I just can't get the clap, I hope you have better luck.
Liver and JamIngredients
- 1 small liver (lambs fry)
- Seasoned flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Cut liver into thin slices
- Coat in the seasoned flour
- Pan fry in butter and oil on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes till cooked through
- Serve spread with raspberry jam, just trust me, oh and François.
- 300g raspberries
- 150g sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Simmer on low for about 30 mins, till the jam holds it shape on a chilled plate.
- Too simple!
Amandine Bourgeois will try her best for France on Saturday night with L'enfer Et Moi.