In 2012 Rona Nishilu took to the stage with Suss and for 3 minutes I was memorized. While there were a mired of jokes about her hair and the screaming I sat transfixed as I witnessed a moment of true musical artistry, and I wasn't even a judge on The Voice.
It just goes to show while I love all the bells and whistles and reveals of Eurovision it is hard to beat a stand and deliver out pouring of emotional vocal gymnastics.
Well unfortunately it wasn't that hard to beat she came 5th. Today I have keep the same simplicity in the cooking with my variation of the Albanian Turli Perimesh or mixed vegetables.
- 2 brown onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large red capsicum
- 2-3 Lebanese eggplants
- 3 yellow squash
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Basil to garnish
- Chop all the vegetables into roughly the same size, leave the tomatoes whole
- Add olive oil to a fry pan over a medium heat
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat for a minute or 2 without browning
- Add the eggplant, squash, zucchini, capsicum and tomatoes
- Cook the vegetable till on medium to low heat till they are tender and the tomatoes are bursting.
- If the pan gets too dry add a splash of water or stock
- Season to taste
- Serve with an extra splash of olive oil and garnish with basil leaves
Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko will bring Identitet to Sweden this year.
Fat i mire!