Ciao tutti, oggi siamo in San Marino! There was no doubt with my love of Italian I would also find a place in my heart for the smallest principality to participate in Eurovision.
In 2008 San Marino first joined Eurovision with the song Complice from Miodio, they came last, so did not qualify for the final and sadly San Marino didn't return to the contest till 2011.
To be presented with this for lunch with a glass of vino or un caffe is one way to make me very very happy.
- 400g plain flour
- 80g lard (or butter)
- 150ml warm water
- 7g salt
- Combine all ingredients and knead into a smooth dough
- Let dough rest for 30mins (wrapped in plastic)
- Divide into 8 pieces
- Roll each piece to about 1cm thick and 18cm wide (depends on the size of your frypan)
- Fry in a medium to high frypan for 1-2 minutes each side till cooked through (adjust the temp to avoid burning)
- Fill with your filling of choice, I can't go past rocket, prosciutto or capocollo, fresh pecorino and cherry tomatoes
Anita Simoncini and Michele Perniola are delightful as they spread their message of peace.
Composer Ralph Siegel urges the world's politicians to watch eurovision and listen to the messages of peace to create change in the world.
With Junior Eurovision participations under their belts Anita Simoncini and Michele Perniola have the experience to light up the Eurovision stage and possibly gain San Marino their second trip to the final.
Past San Marino Chow Down to Eurovision: