We start the journey of Chow Down to Eurovision 2015 semi final two in beautiful Lithuania, with a rhubarb cake you could manage to eat all by yourself...little by little!
Laura and her lovers placed last in the 2005 semi final which is a totally unfair position as the song is quite catchy and that is some serious hair action going on!
Yes I have a lot of hair envy with the guitarist...but I bet he can't grow a beard!
Lithuanian rhubarb cake
- 120g butter
- 230g caster sugar
- 450g self raising flour
- 500g rhubarb
- 60g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- Line a 20cm square spring form cake tin
- Melt butter in microwave 1 min
- Combine caster sugar and flour in a mixing bowl
- Add butter and mix till it looks like "sand"
- Put half into the cake tin and press down
- Chop the rhubarb into 1-2cm piece
- In a mixing bowl coat rhubarb with self raising flour, caster sugar and pinch of salt
- Add the rhubarb mix to the cake tin
- Cover with remaining "sand" and press down
- Bake at 180°C for 60 minutes
- Serve with a ridiculous amount of thick cream
Light top and crisp bottom with tangy middle AKA bliss!
Could This Time mean we will have Eurovision coming to us from Lithuania.....next time?
Monika Linkytė and Vaidas Baumila form another duet in the Eurovision 2015 lineup and cover the start of a relationship rather than the break ups as others have.
Lithuania is giving us fun with a capital F with a hook that goes round and round and round our heads and our hearts.
Will Monika get to lock lips with Validas one extra time in Saturdays final?
Past Lithuania Chow Down to Eurovision: