The second last country of Semi Final One to give us their delicacies in Chow Down To Eurovision 2014.
Are you full yet? We still have Semi Final Two and the Final to go!
Unlike most of the hosts or commentary teams at Eurovision, I'll just get on with it and head straight into our hit from Eurovision days gone by so we can eat!
Montenegro's first entry to Eurovision was from Steven Faddy with Ajde, kroči in 2007 they finished 22nd in the semi final.
As yet Montenegro has not performed in a Eurovision final, they also sadly did not make it to the final of Chow Down to Eurovision 2013 with Sesame Chicken Soup.
Squid Ink Risotto with Calamari
- 1 knob butter (the size of the knob is up to you)
- Olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 250ml dry white wine
- 1.5 litres fish stock
- 8g squid ink
- 1-2 calamari tubes
- 1 red chilli
- Add the butter and a good splash of oil to a fry pan on medium heat
- Chopped the shallots and garlic
- Sauté to the shallots and garlic till soft
- Add rice and stir coating in oil
- Stir till rice changes appearance and looks translucent
- Add wine and stir
- Reduce heat to low and add a ladle of fish stock
- Keep stirring and adding stock by the ladle as it is absorbed by the rice
- This process can take about 20 minutes till the rice is cooked but still al dente
- Add the squid ink and stir through.
- Cut calamari long fine strips of the
- Finely chop the chilli and add to a bowl with the calamari
- Add a pinch of salt and olive oil
- Heat another fry pan on high heat
- Add the strips of calamari to the pan and cook for about 1 minute till tender
- Serve the risotto topped with a pile of calamari
- Don't season the risotto before adding the squid ink as it is quite salty (being from the sea and all)
Sergej Ćetković will perform Moj Svijet for Montenegro on the 6th of May, will this be the year they get to the final of both Eurovision and Chow Down to Eurovision?