Azerbaijan,the land of fire is our host country for today's Chow Down to Eurovision contestant.
Following on from Azerbaijan's last entry of those char grilled beauties lulu kebabs we again have a dish that would be at home on a barbecue.
I'm hungry so let's head straight into today's plate of tender marinated chunks of chicken with a smoky hint of char goodness....
Azerbaijani Marinated Chicken
- 500g chicken (breast or thigh)
- 50g cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of mint chopped
- 1 small brown onion grated
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Big pinch of salt
- Cayenne pepper and extra mint to garnish
- 1 onion sliced
- Cut chicken into chunks
- Combine chicken, cream, lemon juice, mint, onion, spring onion and garlic in a bowl
- Let marinate for about 4 hours
- Remove excess marinade from chicken
- Cook in a really hot griddle pan for few minutes each side till cooked through
- Serve with sliced onion, mint and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or sumac
- Can be barbecued on a skewer for that extra level taste sensation
The cheap cast iron grill pan has come in handy over the years
Mint can sometimes be forgotten about or kept with desserts but a I really love have it makes the chicken come alive. an added bonus with all the raw onion it's means you are probably still quite kissable....you know you are!
In 2015 Elnur Huseynov was back to try his luck for Azerbaijan this time a little less angel and little more twilight.
Azerbaijan has always place top ten in Eurovision finals apart from 2014 (22nd) and 2015 where Hour of the wolf finished 12th.