We all know my great love of anything purple so to find it in a potato is straight out winning.
My local greengrocer has just changed hands and while still maintaining ridiculously cheap prices they have expanded their range. I think they deal directly with the farmers and are happy to sell the non visually perfect stock the supermarkets wont.
I bought a few extras last time so I can add another potato tower tomorrow with the view of harvesting for the Christmas table, potato bling!
The other two towers are progressing well with a little help from their friends but the rest of the garden hasn't been high yielding this year.
There was a moment of contemplating a blog challenge of just eating from my backyard but at this rate I would stave in 3 weeks. (although having typed that I did take some snaps and things may not be as bleak as first suspected)
Rainbow chard, it will be frittata all round
Lots of broccoli leaves
Waiting for the peas to pod off
Broad beans getting taller but no beans so far
Purple Potato Salad
Ingredients serves 1
- 2-3 medium purple potatoes (or regular)
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 2 boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Splash of olive oil
- Sprinkle of linseeds
- Add potatoes to a saucepan of cold water and simmer on low for about 25 minutes, till tender
- Chop bacon rasher into strips and fry (to the crispness you prefer)
- Drain the potatoes and cut into wedges
- Add to a bowl the potatoes, bacon, spring onions
- Splash with olive oil to coat
- Add the eggs and linseed and combine gently
- Season to taste
Gotta love a filter!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin