Ciao tutti siamo arrivo in a Roma!!!!
There is no secret about my love for Italy and how much I wanted Il Volo to win Eurovision 2015.
Who wouldn't want an Italian hosted Eurovision? The show would go for days with all the talking and 2 weeks in Rome, Florence or any where in Italy...sign me up!!
Being the country I heart the most (after Australia) and with the song Grande Amore it makes perfect sense that the Italian entry for Chow Down to Eurovision is heart.
Ok how many of you have I lost there?
This dish is inspired by coratella the Italian offal dish of pretty much most organs, lungs, kidneys, livers, spleen and heart.
I believe that if we are going to kill an animal for food we should at the very least eat all of it.
So when it comes to any grande amore it really is just all about the heart.
Grande Amore on toast
- 2 lamb hearts
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 30ml verjuice
- A small handful of mixed herbs chopped, rosemary, parsley and thyme
- Thick slices of toasted sour dough
- Trim the hearts of excess fat
- Cut into small even pieces about 2-3cm
- Add a good splash of oil to a fry pan on medium heat
- Add onion and garlic and let soften
- Add the heart and saute for a couple of minutes
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Add the verjuice, butter and herbs, stir through
- Serve on buttered toasted sourdough and garnish with extra rosemary
When your local farmers market has an amazing lamb farmer you just gotta take heart!
The heart is so tender and flavoursome it is well worth trying it at least once before deciding it's not for you.
After a stellar performance in Vienna Il Volo won the televote but then finished 3rd when combined with the jury votes......aka robbed!
Il Volo red carpet Vienna, Piero going the beard grab!
I think Piero was very kind to say he liked my beard the couple of times I saw him in Vienna as looking back I think I may have been bordering on the wrong side of a hipster Worzel Gummidge!
Don't worry Stockholm I've had a trim...
Previous Italy Chow Down to Eurovision: