Today's recipe is from the land of culinary past that I'm sure we all had in our early youth but it certainly isn't terrible.
It should be enjoyed with some retro Eurovision such as the Bendik Singer from 1973 with It's Just a Game.....I hope they aren't referring to a game of the era where car keys were placed in a bowl?
Smoked Salmon Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 150g smoked salmon
- 50g sour cream
- 10g capers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Boil the eggs till hard boiled (about 7-8 minutes on low simmer)
- Put eggs in cold water then peel
- Cut the eggs in half and scoop out and place the yolks in a bowl
- In a food processors add 100g smoked salmon, sour cream, capers, lemon juice and 1/2 the egg yolks*
- Blend till smooth
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into the hollow eggs whites
- Arrange on a serving plate and decorate with more smoked salmon and a caper
*the rest of the yolks can get mixed with some mayo for toast or a sandwich
I have read about a method of putting the eggs into boiling water because they are coop fresh collected that day, so will have to give this a try!
Do you have any boiled eggs secrets?
One thing is certain Mørland and Debrah Scarlett did something wonderful in Vienna coming 8th in Vienna with A Monster Like Me. A class act from Norway that was made even more visually special by the phone torches in the arena.
Their powerful duet had an air of elegance that continued onto the red carpet where they graciously posed for selfies.
Previous Norway Chow Down to Eurovision: