I revisited the café where the war began and I truly have no idea how it is possible but I think it is even worse than before.
Looking at the dry brown shrivelled objects that were labelled "warm healthy salad" I almost shed a tear for the wasted potential of these poor brutalized vegetables.
While being at such a stage of hunger it would justify eating your frozen rugby teammates I did however order a ham and cheese toasted sandwich.
Not to be overly dramatic......
I would never have thought it possible to get a toasted sandwich wrong but by the time the coffee was made the sandwich was not only flattened not to less than an inch of it's life but was so squished that it could have slid under a door.
So that's it! Never again!
The key to the success of this mission is preparation, make your lunch the night before so that in the morning you only need enough time to stumble to the kitchen to pour yourself a cup of ambition.
Who doesn't love a bit of Dolly Parton?
Polka dot chickpea salad
- 400g chick peas
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red sweet chilli or capsicum roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini rough chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin seeds
- Black sesame seeds ( just a many as you like)
- Olive oil
- In a mixing bowl add the chickpeas, onion, lime juice, sweet chilli
- In a fry pan on high add a good splash of olive oil (this will also be the dressing)
- Add the zucchini, ground cumin and cook till tender.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 15 mins
- Add zucchini to mixing bowl
- Add black sesame seeds in and mix through
Now that lunch is so much healthier, tasty and a hell of a lot cheaper!
We will win the war!!