No diva outbursts, no fetal position crying wrapped in a doona but I have been watching Celebrity Rehab so I'm sure I could pull it off if I had too.
The only time there's been any risk of soft drink passing my lips was Friday night when we ordered home delivered pizza, not artisan but the rough processed dirty kind.
The perfect partner to a bad movie with a bottle of soft drink to cut through all that grease but no I stood strong.
Water in all it's many variations has become my new best tasty friend. These are more like experiments than recipes but it's exciting to see what a bottle of water on a window sill can achieve.
Most of the variations spring from the idea of ice tea but there are also a couple that are fruit based.
My favourite of the moment is plan lemon, so refreshing I may be off the soft drink for longer than just July.
- 1 bottle of cold water (approx. 720ml thanks to the old passata jars)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 lemon wedges, or
- 2 rooibos teas and 3 slices of orange/lemon, or
- 1 peppermint teabag and a sprig of mint, or
- 1 earl grey teabag and a lemon wedge, or
- 10 blueberries, or
- A pinch of oolong tea and a lemon wedge
- Add sugar to bottle of water
- Mix slightly, does not need to be dissolved
- Add flavouring of your choice
- Sit on a window sill for a couple of hours
- Refrigerate to chill
- Strain before drinking (Although blokes seem to have a thing about drinking straight from the bottle, genetics I guess, with these I'm a bottle drinker)