What is Slovenian for we have arrived at the final country for Semi Final Two in Chow Down to Eurovision 2015?
Well according to google translate this is:
Kaj je slovenska ker smo prispeli v državo končnega za polfinale dva v Chow navzdol na Evrovizijo 2015 ?
I'm sure my Slovenian friend will let me know how well it did.
So if you are still unsure we are "in" Slovenia with a pretty easy tray bake of almond squares.
These dense almond morsels will always be Here For You when you need something full bodied and not too sweet that go perfectly with a strong coffee.
- 70g butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. almond essence
- 140g plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 100g icing sugar + dusting
- 100g almond meal
- 50g chocolate chips (the type that hold their shape when baked)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan)
- Line a 20cm square cake tin (shallow)
- Melt butter
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs till thick and fluffy
- Add cooled butter and almond essence to eggs
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Fold into eggs mixture
- Pour into lined cake tin
- Even the batter out with a spoon, it will look lumpy but will spread
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (the top will still look bumpy)
- Flip onto a wire rack to cool
- Dust with icing sugar
- Cut into 2-3cm squares
- On a serving plate pile into a replica of Mount Triglav...Slovenia's highest peak (optional)