Yes with my ever increasing twitter following I am lame enough to believe the paparazzi would be interested in me. (Sad isn't it)
I now even wear 2 pairs of underpants just in case they try and snap me getting out of the car, although I should think wearing jeans should see me safe there.
I do miss a meat patty and egg muffin though in all it's peppery glory, it had the staying power to be with you all day. The Italians even do fast food better and I remember their breakfast meat patty flavoured with fennel. So in lieu of a 27 hour flight I have put my Crumpins to good use.
There is no science behind the ingredients in the patty it was just what was in the fridge.
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 200g pork mince
- 100g beef stir fry strips (optional but adds more body)
- 100g streaky bacon
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Toast fennel seeds for 30 seconds in a hot fry pan
- Grind seeds and salt in a mortar and pestle
- Add all ingredients to a food processer and blend, not too smooth.
- Shape into 1-2cm thick patties, I cheat and use the cake tin I use for the Crumpin to help with sizing
- In a fry pan on medium seal one side of the patty then flip.
- Don't squeeze the patty as that pushes out the moisture.
- They should take about 7-8 minutes to cook and makes about 6
- For the egg I also used the cake tin as a mould but also added some left over eggs whites, and just fried as normal
- Assemble as pictured or whatever combination you like, bacon, no bacon, no egg, double patty......
- A slice of cheese or two is a must but I don't add sauce due mainly to memories of sauce dripping onto my tie before work, always carry a spare!
This one I call Eileen...