Sometimes you need simple and light but sometimes you need the full glamour of the "gourmet".
And remember it is always pronounced with a hard T at the end, Gour-MeT, which goes very well with a focaccia better known as a Fok-a-Chia.
I remembered a Potato salad I gave the Pimp-My-Salad treatment too, it’s the same salad as always just with better shoes, I mean ingredients. There is also a hint of the Caesar with the addition of the anchovies. I prefer to serve it warm but have been known to happily tuck into any left overs the next day.
Pimped Potato Salad
- 1kg Potatoes
- Seasoned flour (salt and pepper added to flour)
- Olive oil (about 1 cup)
- 6 slices prosciutto in 1cm pieces
- 4 boiled eggs quartered
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 200grams shaved Parmesan
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked almonds
- 1 small tin/jar of anchovies
- Roughly chopped the potato into even pieces, just a bit bigger than bite size.
- Toss potatoes in the seasoned flour
- Add to a baking dish with a good amount of olive oil, not drowning but enough to paddle.
- Bake in the oven till crisp and golden on 200 degrees C, about 45mins.When the potatoes are ready drain off the oil, a metal colander will drain them and keep them crispy.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, prosciutto, eggs, spring onions, parmesan and mix gently to combine.
- Dress with a squeeze of the mayonnaise (you can set the amount)
- Top with anchovies and the toasted almond flakes (that I forgot to buy and are not pictured)