Instantly rich curries and tagines come to mind, but lets not forget the man flu, it had to be ready in about 15mins and with a little effort as possible. So close to death you don't want to risk a delicious slow cook if there is a chance you won't live long enough to taste it.
Man Flu Fried Rice
- Olive oil.
- 2 onions chopped (any colour)
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped (or as much as you or your beloved can stand)
- 4 cm ginger finely chopped
- 2 red chili sliced (seeds in or out it's up to you)
- 2 carrots grated
- 3 stalk celery sliced
- Garden fresh broccoli or any other vegetable you can get your hands on.
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- Salt and pepper
- Kecap Manis, as much as you like.
- Saute onions, garlic ginger and chili with a good splash of olive oil in a fry pan.
- When the onions start to soften, add the carrot and celery and other vegetables and saute for about 5 mins, you can add a little bit of water or stock if it is too dry.
- Add the spring onions and rice.
- Add Kecap Manis, salt and pepper to taste.
- This version was meatless but you can add any meat of your choice...if you have the strength to go to the shops.
- grab a box of tissues, a blanket, pillow, boxed set of your favourite DVD and pray you have enough strength to eat.