I will in the coming weeks bring myself to blog AB's favourite dish, Catfood, it will take some time. Till then he provided this mystery box challenge after I asked him to pick up some meat for dinner.
"what do you want?"
"i dunno surprise me"
"OK...I could make you do a masterchef mystery box?"
"bring it on!"
Pasta south of the border
serves 4-5 and on the table in 30 minutes
Ingredients as above
- 6 italian sausages
- 360g oyster blade steak
- 1 brown onion
- 1/4 of a pumpkin
- 200g green beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 bag pasta
- 1 red chilli*
- 250ml sour cream*
- olive oil*
- bottle of pasata*
- Add boiling water from the kettle to a boiler with a good dash of salt
- Put steak and sausages into food processor and mince
- Dice onion and saute with olive oil in fry pan
- Add meat to onions
- Dice pumpkin and add to boiler
- Add pasta to pumpkin, try to cut pumpkin the same size as pasta or smaller.
- Add pasatato meat and season
- Cut green beans into 2cm pieces
- Drain red kidney beans
- Just before the pasta is cooked, add green and red beans to sauce.
- Drain pasta and pumpkin
- Stir through sour cream, save a bit to garnish
- Add pasta and sauce to boiler and mix through
- Serve with dollop of sourcream and sliced chilli