I'm blaming my incapacitation for the lack of blog updates, where as others may attribute it to my hoity toity laziness, but they would never say it to my face.
The staple diet of any man flu casualty is chicken soup, mothers milk. I guess you could add noodles but that would be dependant on the man patient having enough strength to chew.
This is my version, I drank it breakfast, lunch, and dinner till I mentioned having more soup and AB gave me a look that advised against it toot sweet. My solution will feature next post.
Clear Chicken Soup
- 500 grams chicken necks
- 2 large red onions (or any colour you have)
- 2 chilli
- half a bunch of celery
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 4cm ginger sliced
- small cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper to taste
There are options here depending on your level of Hoity Toity laziness.
- Brown the onions, peeled garlic and chicken necks
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover with hot water.
- Simmer for about 45mins-1hour.
- Strain through a sieve and serve.
- Put everything in the pot and cover with water
- I don't even peel the garlic as it is strained anyway.
No glamour photo shop here, this pot only has 1 handle, I must replace it!