It fits so perfectly into my tiffin with some flat bread in the second level like it is just meant to be.
I truly could eat this everyday but with out sharing too much information your body will let you know when you've had enough hummus.......trust me!
- 8-10 turnips
- 2 small beetroots
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 3-4 tbsp. salt
- I used 3 x 600ml glass preserving jars
- Peel the turnips and cut into thick strips
- Cut the beetroot into chunks (I didn't peel)
- Peel garlic and leave whole
- Combine vinegar, water and salt into a mixing bowl
- Place about 4 pieces of beetroot and a garlic clove into each jar (the more beetroot the deeper the end colour will be)
- Fill each jar with turnips
- Cover with liquid, add the lid and store in the fridge
- They will be ready in about 2 weeks
- They should last over a month but I have no evidence of that as they never last that long uneaten
So pretty, this veg deserve so much more love
One must always colour coordinate the chopping board and knife to the dish being prepared........