The next offering in the War on Terrible Food aka BYO work lunch series.
This salad has had a couple of incarnations and can be used as an indicator of how our eating has changed over the years. When I was at school the major ingredient to this was a jar of mayonnaise, these days it gets a light dressing of olive oil and lemon juice.
If I'm honest the tasty model below only got a drizzle of olive oil, no lemon or salt and pepper, and it was just as yum.
Carrot and Cheese Grateness
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 50 grams grated cheese
- 1 fun size box (40g) sultanas
- black and white sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Add carrot, cheese, and sultanas to a bowl.
- Mix through a drizzle of oil and the lemon juice.
- Top with a sprinkle of seeds and run out the door to work.