Bacon Canapes (pronounced KaNaps not Canopay) are pretty lame but I remember them so fondly, mainly for making an appearance at every function. They were also something that as a kid I could make.
I have upgraded the ingredients from the orginal, maybe just a sign of the times, free range bacon, colby instead of plastic cheese, butter instead of margarine.
- 1 bagette
- 2 rashers of bacon, sliced in 2cm pieces
- 6 sliced of colby cheese quatered
- Slice the bagette into 1 cm pieces
- Spread with a little butter and place on a baking tray
- Place a piece of cheese on each round
- Top with a piece of bacon
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden.