Blueberry Pound Cake
based on the basic pound cake at www.taste.com.au
- 250g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 250g (1 2/3 cups plan flour)
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (thawed if using frozen)
- icing sugar to dust or cream cheese icing.
- Preheat oven to 170 °C
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy. (Use electric beaters or bench top machine)
- Add eggs one at a time to combine into mixture, (this is an important stage that it doesn't curdle, but in the end it will still be cake, just serve with ice cream)
- Sift flour and baking powder into mix and fold in. (be gentle)
- Into greased bundt or cake tin put half the mixture, it will be thick and doughy.
- sprinkle the blueberries over batter.
- cover with remaining batter.
- Put cake tin on an oven tray and bake for 50 mins.
- Test cake is ready by poking a skewer into the cake and checking it comes out clean.
- Wait 5 mins and then turn cake onto cake cooler or serving plate.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve or cream cheese icing (that will be lesson 2)