I really enjoy making connections through social media so am thrilled to be taking part in the Andrew in the Kitchen series #fdbloggerfriends.
A "get to know you" series featuring food bloggers he follow on twitter. Andrew asks the bloggers about themselves, their blogging and to create a new recipe.
As we are getting into the chiller stages of winter in Melbourne I wanted something that was full of flavour, comfort and a bit of spice to keep me warm.
This spicy capsicum and bacon pasta is quick to prepare so that in no time you'll be on the sofa under a blanket ready for an evening of Netflix and chill....winter chill...or the other type if so consensually desired.
Spicy Capsicum and Bacon Pasta Serves 4-5
- 100g mix of bacon and pancetta
- 2-3 red onions sliced
- 3-4 large red capsicum sliced (seeds removed)
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 5 long red chilli
- 30ml olive oil
- 100g pecorino grated
- Handful chopped parsely
- 500g rigatoni
- Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat
- Gently fry bacon and onion for a couple of minutes
- Add capsicum and garlic and cook on low for about 15-20 minutes
- Boil pasta as directed
- Add chilli and mix through
- Increase heat and add 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir through
- Drain pasta and add to the pot (turn off heat)
- Mix the sauce through the pasta with parsley and half the grated pecorino
- Serve topped with more pecorino
I had always thought I didn't like chilli till I really tried it and now I'm hooked!
I like the mix of bacon and pancetta but you can use just one if you prefer
The key is gentle heat you don't want char grilled capsicum on this occasion.
A good sprinkle of parsley from the garden
A glass of red and you're in business...