This cordial is beyond easy, it really is just heating water, everyone can do that..I hope!
There is a real joy in the DIY homemade, you can create a gem with the stuff you have in the fridge.
Orange, Lemon and Lime Cordial
- 2 litres of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of citric acid (optional)
- Add water and sugar and citric acid to a saucepan
- Zest all the fruit and add to the pan
- Stir to dissolve sugar and simmer just below boiling for about 30 minutes.
- Add the juice of all the fruit, strained to avoid pips.
- Leave to cool
- Strain cordial into bottles.( I didn't strain this one as the zest is ultra soft)