Because this is so time consuming at 60 seconds you can spend another couple of minutes and go fancy pants with the plating. The base adds a yummy crunchy crumb, but is optional if you do have the time.
Blueberry cheesecake gelato
- 500 grams frozen blueberries
- 250 grams cottage cheese (or ricotta)
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence (optional)
- Blend all together in a food processor till smooth.
- 60grams plain biscuits
- 30grams almonds
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- Melt butter and golden syrup together (about 45 second in a microwave)
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend to fine crumb
- To save on wash up you can make the crumb first, wipe out the processor and then make the ice cream. Use commonsense as if people have nut allergies, that could be an awkward end to a dinner party.
- This recipe is enough for about 6 bases and gelato to spare.
I probably need to see someone about my purple obsession.